Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just a Sweet Potato Kind of a Day.


First thing this morning I decided to make a sweet potato cobbler for the girls at work. Generally when I create a new recipe my family is the first ones to try it, just in case it is a flop. But I decided to take it in to work and risk it. They loved it! Which made me happy of course but I wasn't completely satisfied with the end result. I thought it was a tad soupy, although it did thicken up after cooling I still think I would like it to be a bit thicker, so I will change up the recipe a bit and make it for the family before I post the recipe here.

Tonight when I got home form work I had a head ache and really didn't feel much like cooking so I decided to throw some things in the fridge together and make a casserole of sorts. I don't have a recipe per se but I will tell you what I did. It was so quick and easy that I am sure I will make it again.

I took about three cups of left over seasoned black beans and dumped them into a casserole, added about three cups of left over chick peas, about 1 cup salsa, 1 can of diced tomatoes and a season packet for vegetarian chili and mixed it all together. I then put a layer of frozen corn over that and then topped the whole thing with some mashed sweet potatoes, put it in a 375 oven for about 35 minutes and voila' , dinner is served. : )

I am sure unseasoned black beans would have been fine and instead of a season packet you could just add some chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and what ever other spices you like in your chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment