Friday, April 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Mousse


Here is another example of my fine photography skills. This dessert actually looked very nice and was the color you would expect a peanut butter mousse to be. I should have my youngest son take my pictures from now on because he is actually much better at it than I am! I guess it is just one of those things that I think if I keep practicing I will get better. But, alas, I believe photography is an art...and it is an art whose talents are lost on me!

Changing the subject, the mousse was very nice. Very smooth, thick and mousse-y, peanut buttery, and not too sweet. Of course you could add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter or more cocoa if you prefer it to taste more like a Reese's Cup.

Peanut Butter Mousse

1 14oz package of Extra Firm Tofu (squeezed and drained)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (if you use regular pb you will probably need less sugar)
2/3 cup sugar
1 T cocoa (more to make it taste more like a Reese's Cup)
1 t vanilla

Process the tofu in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and continue processing until smooth, creamy and light. Tiny chocolate chips or chocolate shavings would make an excellent garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment