Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Organic, Fresh, Rich, Delicious Almond Milk


Organic Almond Milk

1 cup organic raw almonds
5 cups water

salt and sweetener if desired (optional)

Blanche almonds in boiling water for about three minutes. Drain and spread on a flat surface to cool. Once cool you can pop them right out of their skins. Once peeled place almonds in a blender with 5 cups water. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Strain the mixture through a double layered piece of cheesecloth. Pour almond milk into bottle or pitcher and refrigerate. You can add salt or sweetener to taste if desired or just use as is. You now have fresh, delicious almond milk.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I had no idea that almond milk was that easy! I have no excuse now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond milk also makes a great nourishing and deeply moisturizing vegan milk bath. When used topically almond milk softens skin incredibly. And in a bath with sandalwood essential oil is sooo relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great advice Antropia Luna. : ) My skin tends to be on the dry side so I'm sure I would benefit from a almond milk bath. Plus, sandalwood is one of my very FAVORITE scents! It soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how long this milk lasts in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say probably a week. My family uses it up pretty quickly though so I have never had to test that.

    ReplyDelete