Monday, February 21, 2011

Jokerz vs. Snickers and Mahalo vs Almond Joy!












Jokerz



Mahalo


Having recently read a description of Go Max Go's vegan candy bars and after recently having an insane craving for a Snickers bar, I decided that I must try a Jokerz bar. I have never been a big candy person and eating even a piece of a candy bar can satisfy my desire for one for months. Keeping this in mind, understand that as a teenager, I LOVED Snickers bars. I remember eating one once and thinking, how can anything possibly taste this delicious!? I also love coconut and almonds so the Mahalo bar sounded appealing as well.

The Jokerz bar was my first choice for taste testing. Upon opening the wrapper, I thought that perhaps somebody may have misrepresented the candy bar as a snickers alternative. It does look slighlty different. First bite. HEAVEN. Just what I remembered. It may have even been better than I remembered. I have not had an actual snickers bar in years and I have been told that my food memory stinks...but this candy bar ROCKED. I am not advocating candy bars as a healthy snack in any way. Candy is candy. Yes, this one is made from healthier and cruelty free ingredients but it is still candy. But for a once in a blue moon treat of an old childhood favorite, or something to put in a Christmas stocking, an Easter basket..or heck, even a valentines day package, it fits like a sumptuous vegan glove. ..so to speak, ; )

The Almond Joy version, Mahalo, was my second choice. It was also delicious. It was slightly sweeter than I remember an Almond Joy being. I actually didn't have any desire to finish the entire candy bar in one sitting. A piece here and a piece there was more than enough. I think that was because of the richness and sweetness of the coconut. Making it a great candy bar to share with a friend. I think I am candied out so I don't think I will be trying the other bars any time soon. Based on the two out of four being delicious, I am sure the others will be equally as wonderful.

My overall opinion of Go Max Go! candy bars is that they are wonderful replicas of childhood favorites. That perhaps are even better than their non-vegan counterparts. I think as a once in a while treat or for a special occasion they can be a convenient, cruelty-free indulgence.

2 comments:

  1. yezzzzz all those bars are magical! especially the jokers one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Jokerz one. I also tried the Twilight which I did not like as much. I could eat a Joker everyday though!!

    ReplyDelete