Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fasting updates...Plus Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


The brown rice fast is done. It lasted 60 hours. I was craving fresh veggies big time! I took that as my cue to b e done. I had a fresh green salad for lunch on Tuesday and then the rest of my brown rice for dinner, I then had brown rice veggie sushi for lunch on Wednesday and a giant salad for dinner and then a fresh green salad everyday for lunch since then. I may have not lasted for as long as I would have liked but it is about my body and not my head. : )

Here is the recipe for the Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies that I had mentioned earlier. Lillie was the inspiration for creating the recipe and she loved them and so did my family. Give them a try and see what you think. : )




Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (small batch)

1/2 cup plus 2 T buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup brown sugar *
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 T flax meal mixed with all wet ingredients in small bowl
1/4 cup oil
5 T soy creamer or rich non-dairy milk*
1 1/2 t vanilla

preheat 325 f
spray cookie sheet with a bit of oil

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet to dry and mix to combine. Using 1/4 measuring cup (don't fill completely), scoop cookie dough and place on large cookie sheet. Place pretty far apart because they spread.

Cook for 19 to 21 minutes depending on if you like them softer or crisper. Let cool for about a minute on the pan and then remove to wire rack to cool.

Makes 9 very big cookies.



* if you don't like the richness of all brown sugar you can use 1/2 white and 1/2 brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment