Tuesday, July 12, 2011

not sure what to think...



So the fasting has gone relatively well. Headaches stink but are to be expected. This morning I woke up and felt not very hungry so I just had my lemon water and a cup of kukicha tea. I practices yoga for about an hour and meditated briefly, 5 or 10 minutes perhaps. I am still not really hungry but sort of craving a fresh vegetable salad. It is what my mind keeps returning to. I am packing a bowl of brown rice for my work lunch today but I am not ruling out a fresh green salad if the cravings stick with me. I will not judge myself if the fast only lasts 60 hours. I would love to go longer and maybe I will, but if not- I WILL NOT JUDGE. It must be what my body needs/wants at this point. After all it is not like craving fresh green vegetables is ever a bad thing!



On another note, Sunday night while having a particularly strong sugar craving I decided to test a new recipe I had created for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. I have a friend at work that is gf and every weekend we serve fresh baked cookies baked by the pastry chef there. I think the smell of them is getting to her and making her miss real chocolate chip cookies so much..that the temptation is hard to resist. Although she has been steadfast in her determination to not even taste one! That was my inspiration for creating the recipe. They came out fabulous according to my testing guinea pigs, aka my family. I will be posting the recipe for them either tonight or tomorrow. That way Lillie can have fresh baked, delicious cookies whenever she wants!

2 comments:

  1. Hi-new to your blog.LOVE IT! been vegan for years and i am always looking for fellow vegan goddess' :) look forward to reading more-

    do you happen to have that "meatball" recipe available? been reading that it is awesome.

    and, best of luck with your detox- sounds like a good one-

    Priase and Peace,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. : ) I am glad you like it.

    Here is the link to the meatball recipe.

    http://www.avegangoddess.com/2010/05/yum-vegan-meatballs.html

    ReplyDelete