Thursday, January 26, 2012

That pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful

“It is necessary ... for a man to go away by himself ... to sit on a rock ... and ask, 'Who am I, where have I been, and where am I going?”
~Carl Sandburg


I am at a point in my life to start making some decisions. Do I do what I need to do now to be comfortable and sustain...so to speak, or do I wait and do what I want to do even though at this moment I am not sure what that is? I know that I would like to help people in some aspect. I would like to share some part of me, whether that be yoga, spirituality, nutrition, cooking, or veganism. I need to earn a living but I don't want to sell my soul to do it.

So here are the thoughts and ideas running through my brain...

Vegan cooking classes/ vegan catering (I do plan on teaching cooking classes eventually anyway. )

Cooking in a vegan restaurant

Part-time Yoga teacher (needs to wait until i am fully trained)

New Age type store (bricks and mortar or online?)

Applying to Office related type positions

Substitute teach at local schools


I have a STRONG feeling that there is SOMETHING that I have not even thought of... that is what I need to realize.

My husband is one of those people that knew what he wanted to do at a very young age. He never gets it when I am constantly wanting to learn more, to spread my wings and take in everything that I have a passion for, for wanted to test things to see if they bring me happiness and joy and to nurture those things that do. We have been married for 26 years this July so he knows me well enough to realize that whether he gets it or not...this is me, he loves me so he stands back waits. He gives me the room to choose my path. I am truly grateful for his love and support. In the mean time, what the bloody heck am I going to do?

I suppose I have a great deal of thinking to do. My life and happiness are too important to just sit back and commit to someone else's idea of what I should be doing.

Changing the subject...; )

My plan for dinner tonight is my hold together black bean burgers (originally posted in March of 2010), sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli and spicy cole slaw. Nice and easy, satisfying and always a hit. My good. : )



Wonderful "Hold Together" Black Bean Burgers. Served on a homemade roll with avocado, salsa and nayonaise...sheer bliss.

I hate when you attempt to make a veggie or bean burger and it will not stay together. These ones hold together perfectly and are so easy to make. They could quite possibly become your "go to" burger recipe.


" Hold Together" Black Bean Burgers

preheat oven to 400f and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

1 can Amy's Refried Black Beans or 2 cups of your favorite homemade refried black beans (much more economical)
1/2 cup vegan panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup corn kernels

Put all ingredients in a bowl and smoosh together well. Form into patties. Should make between 6 and 8 depending on size. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway though. These freeze really well.

4 comments:

  1. Here is another thing to think about... vegan consultant! Im not sure how to work out the business part of it but I know that I need one! Thank you for the suggestions that you have already given me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Charity. That is actually not a bad idea. : ) I am happy to help. If you have more questions or need suggestions just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jredmond05676@roadrunner.comJanuary 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM

    I think....a "Vegan Consultant" is a wonderful concept...and I "KNOW" YOU, Tammy have what it takes to do just that...if YOU choose. You have always amazed me and I have always been awed by your talents. I KNOW for a fact you have far more knowledge and ability than you give yourself credit for...I suggest...you follow your heart...your bliss...your passion...and simply let it unfold. Unlike many of us...you have the the ability to do just this....DO IT...JUST DO IT...you will not fail and the world is waiting for you to share your gifts.....this I know for a FACT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Jeanie. : )

    I am beginning to realize what others see. <3

    ReplyDelete