Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Are you a glass half empty or glass half full type of person?


I ask this after reading a Facebook status update posted by my husband's cousin's wife (got that?). She posted "there is a mountain of laundry with my name on it. Ahhh, it's good to be home. Hooray for days off! ;)" She always, or at least most of the time seems to see the brighter side of things. She is definitely a glass half full type of person. Are you happier when you have that personality trait? I have to say, she sure seems to be. She is not one of those happy, sicky sweet types, no, she is happy, sarcastic and an absolute riot! I love her sense of humor and attitude. She is the kind of person that makes you smile when you are around her. I think I am a half empty type of person. I don't mean to be...I would love to be more positive, I just don't know how to. It doesn't come naturally to me. I am pretty sure, just like anything else, it takes practice, unless of course you are born that way. So I am trying really hard to see the brighter side of things. To practice positive thinking. 2012 has been a year of eye opening revelations.

It is snowing like crazy out and my first thought is "arhh, I hate driving in bad weather!" New and improved positive thinking "boy, the snow sure looks pretty. I will drive super carefully today." I still hate driving in bad weather! A work in progress.

The reason I even care about the weather today is I am going out to lunch with my two fellow Loonies. We have not all been together since the store closed on the 4th of January. It will be very nice to enjoy a drink and lunch with them again. We tend to laugh...a lot! We may get asked to leave and please never come back. Really, we laugh a lot. We are going to a new Mexican restaurant in Raymond. Their menu says vegetarian options so hopefully I can finagle something vegan out of it. I will post my results because finding places (that have any vegan options) to eat out around here is extremely difficult. Portland is an entirely different story. But I don't always want to drive that far, specially for a quick bite. Anyway...I can't wait to see them!

Stop Snowing!


No comments:

Post a Comment