Thursday, June 7, 2012

Being Vegan Doesn't Make You All That! (said very tongue in cheek)

There are so many vegan celebrities out there now a days!  I don't mean celebrities that have gone vegan but people that are celebrities (well sort of) because of their veganism. If you are like me you have many vegan cookbook authors, writers and the like as your friends (or at least have liked their page) on facebook or twitter, etc.  You are able to get to know them, to a degree, based on their comments, dialogue, stories and posts.  This is the real world baby and they are real people just like you and me and some of them I would never be friends with in real life! They may be vegan and they may have written a great book or what ever, but man, I do not like them.  Fortunately, there are so many others that I find fabulously funny, intelligent, kind and truly desiring to make a difference in the lives of others.  It's inspiring.  They are the ones I stay connected with, the ones I can't wait to read what they have written.  As for the former...I'll buy their cookbooks but yeah, "see ya" on the whole social networking thing. I don't know what my point is exactly...maybe just that it takes more than just our shared veganism to matter in the scheme of things.  I want people around me (even in the social media realm) that share my views not only on veganism but on other things that are important to me, heart and soul, but equally important, people that I like!



One such person (and there are many) is Christina Pirello.  I do not know her personally but I enjoy reading what she writes (always), I find her to be honest and real.  When I read something that she has written I trust that she has done the research and/or is speaking from her place of truth.  She is someone that I truly admire. Check out some of her books on Amazon.  I can pretty much guarantee you will find something you love!

Who do you admire?  What is important to you?  I would love to know.  Share if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment