Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome Back to Me & Wonderful Kale Salad

Since it has been a while since I've posted anything I thought I would update you on the goings on in the life of a vegan goddess.

I have been super busy!  When I say this I am absolutely serious, no joking or excuse making.  At times I have not known whether I was coming or going ...or standing still waiting for the shoe to drop!  Last week I graduated Yoga Teacher Training...Yes, I'm a yoga teacher!!! In the same week I also graduated from college!  I am now a Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant!  Wow, two titles in one week!  I am extremely excited about these achievements and the possibilities they create.  I have started a new business page where I offer nutritional consulting on line.  I will also provide yoga classes, workshops and reiki.  The website is still under construction in some areas but it is coming along nicely.  Check it out if you so desire.
Gaia Yoga and Wellness

During this time my husband and I bought a second house.  It was in great need of a TOTAL rehab.  So during all this craziness of learning and studying I have also been making decisions in the rehab process.  Craziness I tell you!

So now I am back.  My life has far less studying in it at the moment so I hope to be able to start posting on a more regular basis again.  For those of you that stuck around and waited, I thank you.

With that said...the first recipe I am posting is a re-post!  Haha.  Although, I must say this kale salad recipe is totally worthy of a re-post!  I woke up craving this salad...for real.  If you make it, let me know what you think. 

Kale, Kale, Beautiful Raw Kale


Kale is super nutritious and this recipe is super delicious. If you've never eaten kale raw give it a try...you won't regret it! If you prepare the tofu and marinade in the morning it will be ready for a quick and easy lunch.



Raw Kale and Tofu Ricotta Salata Salad


1 1/2 to 2lbs lacinato kale or tender regular kale, stems and center ribs removed

1 lb xtra firm tofu (drained, pressed for 15 minutes and cut into 1/2" cubes)

Marinade/Dressing

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 t red wine vinegar
1 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T finely chopped shallot or red onion
1 small clove garlic minced
2 t sea salt
1 t dried basil
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t black pepper


Whisk all ingredients for marinade together in a small bowl, pour into ziplock bag. Add tofu and marinate for an hour or longer, flipping bag over occasionally to be sure all tofu is covered. Set aside.

Cut kale crosswise into very thin slices. Toss tofu and marinade with kale in a large bowl. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment