Monday, October 25, 2010

I am on a role!

Two posts in one day! I have a recipe for Triple Ginger Cookies which I have not posted yet, this recipe is for a Ginger Cookie that is a bit crisper and not quite as gingery but none the less delicious. I happen to love ginger so I am a little bias. I often give a basket or platter of baked goods as holiday gifts and ginger cookies are a perfect addition. They go together so quickly you will have a platter of delicious vegan cookies before you know it. Hot cup of tea anyone?




Ginger Cookies

2 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 T ground ginger
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1 T flax meal mixed with 2 T warm water (set aside)
3/4 c oil
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c maple syrup

coarse sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350

Place all dry ingredients (except coarse sugar) in large mixing bowl. Add all wet ingredients, including flax mixture, and mix until well blended. Make walnut size balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 3" apart. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes depending on whether you like your ginger cookies soft or crisp. I like to change things up a bit depending on my mood. The cookies in the picture were baked for 15 minutes. It is not as crisp as a gingersnap.

I got 28 cookies from this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment