Monday, January 24, 2011

10 day detox and -24 degrees outside! *YIKES!*


Seriously?! This is nuts! I want to curl up under my big heavy quilt and stay in bed all day. But unfortunately I have things to do so I will dress in many layers and battle another Maine winter day, much colder than usual but just another day.

Today starts day 2 of my 10 day detox. Yesterday I started with a big glass of warm water with the juice of one organic lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. This aids in getting your insides moving and believe me it works! I did a half hour of meditation. I would have done yoga but my body was still so sore from Saturdays 2 1/2 hour session that I just did some stretches and called it good. But exercise is important during a detox. It also helps with circulation and keeping things moving...which is sort of the point. Out with the bad, in with the good. ; ) I then dry brushed my whole body starting at my feet and working to my head then showered. It was invigorating. For lunch I had veggie sushi made with brown rice, daikon, carrots, kale and nori and some kombucha. Then for dinner, more brown rice, kale and a mixture of steamed brocolli, carrots and pea pods..sprinkled with a tiny bit of sea salt. I was hungry and it was delicious. I drank a lot of water all day and would have had some kukicha or green tea but I was not at home for most of the day and didn't think to take some with me.

My plan for today is warm water with lemon and cayenne again in place of my morning coffee. A green juice or green smoothie if I get hungry through out the morning. Morning meditation. Gentle yoga practice and then dry brushing and shower. Lunch, left over rice, kale and veggies. I haven't decided on dinner yet but I am thinking maybe a squash soup or carrot soup with lots of ginger.


Green Juice

all ingredients should be organic

1 cucumber
2 granny smith apples
1 handful kale
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 small handful of sprouts
1 lemon
1 " piece gingerroot

juice all ingredients in a juicer or Vitamix.

No comments:

Post a Comment