Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cookies





It is autumn and you should use pumpkin any chance you get! At least in my opinion. Sweet, savory, soupy, creamy...any way you cook it, it is delicious. Today I baked cookies, my plan for tomorrow is pumpkin manicotti. I have made it before and it is delicious! I think I will broaden my horizons later in the week to another wonderful fall favorite.

Dark Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cookies


1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 T flax meal mixed with 3 T warm water
1 t vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
1 10 oz bar of vegan dark chocolate, chopped into chunks

preheat oven to 350f

Combine first 5 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by tablespoon full onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. Remove to rack to cool. These cookies are cakey and super chocolaty.



Sneak Preview.....

Pumpkin, Sage & Walnut stuffed Manicotti




No comments:

Post a Comment