Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gardein Vegan Riblet - Review

I don't do a lot of reviews.  Peoples tastes are so different that what might be good for me may be nasty for you.  That being said, this item was SO GOOD that I just had to tell the world (or at least everyone that happens to read or stumble upon this blog)

I've had never bought this item before, but I had tried the riblets form morning star farms back in the day.  I wasn't a huge fan although my boys enjoyed them on occasion.  I was looking for something to go with cole slaw that darling husband was craving, and I work late on Tuesday nights so I didn't have the time or energy to  do a lot of cooking.  Then I spotted these little babies in Whole Foods freezer.  What the heck, I'll give them a try.

I got home from work and instantly put the ingredients in the ice cream machine for strawberry ice cream, then started to frost a cake (it was my husbands birthday, but he had had his big birthday meal on Sunday night) I had made that morning.  I asked my son to please prepare the riblets while I finished what I was doing.  He had roasted potatoes before I got home.  In no time we had riblet sandwiches topped with coleslaw and roasted potatoes on our plates.

First bite - OMGoodness, this is delicious! I look to my sons to see what they were thinking.  It's unanimous - Gardein Riblets are indeed DELICIOUS!  Awesome texture, great tasting sauce, just the right size for a good size sandwich and pairs perfectly with homemade coleslaw.  Although not a weekly purchase we will buy these on occasion to keep in the freezer for nights like Tuesday when you want something yummy, but just don't feel like cooking for whatever reason. 


1 comment:

  1. I have recently seen the Gardein line in my Wild By Nature market. I was so excited to see the assortment of yummy looking meatless options but was apprehensive to purchase the products before reading the reviews. Going shopping tomorrow for some goodies!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete