Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Hate Money! Who's with me?

Truly I do.  Obviously I need money, and I,m not going to refuse it but I hate that it's necessary. I hate that it's the reason for so much crime and hardship.  I would, and have, taught yoga classes for nothing, I give out nutritional advice all the time for nothing, I would help someone if I could in any way that I'm competent for nothing. I must admit it's a good thing I feel this way because everything I love to do doesn't amount to a whole lot of money.  It was never a factor in what I decided to pursue. 

It would be nice to live in a classless society with just what we needed, no more, no less and the ability to work at something you enjoyed without the need to worry about money.  Obviously, people that provide goods and services need to be paid, but in my perfect world it's all part of the simple peace and tranquility.  They are paid what is deserved. Therefore, a professional athlete would not make the crazy sorts of money that the currently do - I personally find the amounts of money they make absolutely absurd! Teachers would be held in the kind of respect people give to professional athletes.  They would be treated and paid fairly. A huge focus would be placed on a child's happiness and education, but without overlooking the need for discipline.  Respect would be a two way street.  They would be taught how to meditate as a young age so that they are well equipped to self soothe and be compassionate.  The elderly and infirmed would be taken care of .  All religions would be accepted and respected. Sexuality would be a complete non-issue, it's just the way a person is and accepted and respected as such. In this perfect world animals would be just as important as people, equal in fact.  They would not be eaten or exploited.  Circuses would be a thing of the past. Zoos would only be there for safety and protection, if needed. Farming would be organic and efficient. Because vegetables and grains would not be used to feed the massive amounts of "food animals" there would be plenty for the people and animals of the planet.
 


This was my dream last night and then worked it's way into my meditation this morning.   It's who I am.  It's my perfect world.  I've been called a hippie, treehugger, dreamer, and been told that I live in a fantasy world, etc.  Wouldn't you like to live in my world?  

 On that note, let's make some Peaceful Asparagus Soup.




Peaceful Asparagus Soup

1 lb asparagus (washed and cut into 1/2" pieces- woody ends removed)
1 cup chopped shallots
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1/2 cup no-chicken broth
1 T olive oil
1 t sea salt
1/8 t black pepper
1 1/2 c no-chicken broth
1 cup vegan cream ( may use cashew, almond or soy cream, etc)
 1/8 - 1/4 c or to taste - nutritional yeast  (totally optional)

Place asparagus in a saucepan with 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the vegetables are almost tender.

In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add the shallots and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chopped asparagus with it's broth, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add  the reserved broth and simmer until the asparagus are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.Remove pan from heat. 

Add nutritional yeast if using and with a hand-immersion blender puree the soup until smooth. You can also do this a little at a time in a blender. Taste and adjust the seasoning.  Place soup back in the pan if a blender was used and return to medium heat, add the cream stirring all the while until the soup is warmed through, about 3 minutes.  Delicious served with little pieces of garlic toast.  Enjoy.






 




No comments:

Post a Comment