Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toast....it's what's for breakfast!


I like to have toast for breakfast. It's quick, easy and you can make it even if you are half asleep. I am curious as to the way others enjoy their toast. I guess I am sort of a purest. Mine is Ezekiel bread toasted pretty dark, but not burned, with a smear of Earth Balance. If I am really hungry I might top it with mashed avocado instead of the eb and maybe a bit of veganiase but it is not necessary. My husband likes peanut butter on his. Actually he loves peanut butter on his and sometimes a bit of jam. To me that is too much like a sandwich or too heavy or there is just something about it that is unappealing on toast. Maybe it takes away from the actual flavor of the toast? Yes, I think that is it! One of my sons likes almond butter, another likes cinnamon and yet another likes it any which way, including topped with pasta! What about you? Do you even like toast? How do you top it? If no one responds to this post I will assume that I am in the minority and live in a toast hating world. ; )

On to other things in the life of a busy Vegan Goddess... I still have not made the cupcakes! Last night when I got home I decided to make Quinoa Stuffed Peppers which is a bit time consuming. They were so worth it though. Bonus is that I get to have leftovers for lunch! I love when that happens. I will post the recipe in a bit but for now the picture will have to do.

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

ps...I promise the Mojito cupcake recipe will be soon!

pss... Like A Vegan Goddess on facebook for more articles and information that is not posted here. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment